Children’s Portrait Paintings
Let’s celebrate this fleeting time and create a piece that will be cherished for generations. Do you want to capture a certain expression or that sweet baby face?
As a children’s portrait artist here is a little bit about my process…
Consultation (by phone or in person if you are close):
- Let’s start by talking about where your painting will hang so we can discuss size and what your vision is. Your style is important to me as well as the feeling we want to capture in the painting. I can suggest clothing choices and locations.
- You may already have a photo that you love.
- If you are close to my area, I would love to photograph your child for their portrait. We will set the appointment for the photo shoot and decide the details that will give us the look we want for the painting.
Deciding our favorites reference images / painting begins:
- Once we have our reference images, we will discuss which one works best for the painting. Once this decision is made, I get to work creating the painting.
Final Changes / Delivery:
- And the big reveal! The portrait painting is complete and I will email you a photo gallery of the painting. This way you can review it before delivery. If any alterations need to be made they can be made before delivery or mailing the portrait painting. Then you just get to enjoy it!
To commission a portrait painting, please email me for current pricing or if you have questions. I would be glad to discuss options with you.
How Long does it take to paint an oil painting?
I get this question all the time…How long did that take you? I usually have a waiting list of painting clients because I can only do so many at a time. Once the image is decided it usually takes me 6 weeks to complete.
How long does it take to paint a pastel portrait?
Pastel portraits take about 30 days from the time the image is decided.
What age works best for a painting?
I think the classic age to paint children is around 3-5 but I believe there is something great about each age. So I love to paint many different ages and bring out the character that exists in them at that particular stage.
Do you paint multiple kids on one painting?
With my style, I do like painting children together. For multiple children, I prefer a fun modern style painting that shows each of their personalities individually even though they are in the same painting. I also prefer to paint multiple children on large canvases so for small canvases I stick to one subject.
Will you do a painting from a photograph I already have?
Yes as long as we have the rights from the original photographer to use the photo. I will gladly paint a favorite.
Will you fly to photograph my children for a painting?
Yes, I travel and I love to meet my clients in person. We can discuss travel if you would like me to fly to your area and the costs involved.
So how much is a custom portrait painting from you?
Portrait paintings start at $399 for full details let’s set a time for a phone consultation.