Oh, how I miss you In-n-out!
We just moved from Southern CA to North Carolina and while there are options here…there is just no comparison to the classic.
You say lettuce wrap…I say Salad!!!
Just not “animal style” we are trying to make real food healthier…just say no! Well if you must you could always add some grilled onion goodness to it.
In-n-out Burger Salad???
You heard me…In-n-out Burger Salad for when you’re just craving fast food.
So when does a lettuce wrap become a salad? I say whenever you want it too 🙂 Sometimes just adding a little extra lettuce and goodness to it to make it a little bit better.
This was so easy to make too and dare I say quick. I am not a fast food person except for when it comes to having an In-n-out burger…so I thought why not make it at home and make it a little healthier.
For my In-n-out Burger Salad I used:
In N Out Burger Salad
In N Out Burger Salad for when you want fast food but you’re trying to be good. Call it a lettuce wrap or a salad that’s up to you. This is a healthier gluten free In N Out Burger.
- 1 lb lean ground beef 95% lean
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- splash white vinegar
- 4 dill pickles
- olive oil spray
Making your burgers:
- Mix the ground beef with the ground turkey
- Saute your mushrooms with a bit of olive oil spray
- Form your burgers into palm size portions
- Cook over medium high heat on a non stick pan or grill (use the same pan as the mushrooms for easy cleanup)
Make your In N Out Special Sauce the healthy way:
- Chop your pickle into small pieces (I use Boar’s Head…they are gluten free)
- Mix 1 TBSP of ketchup with all the greek yogurt and add the pickles
- Throw in just a splash of vinegar and stir
Assemble and Enjoy!
Now stack your In N Out Burger Salad (or wrap) your own way…Enjoy!
So what did the kids eat? And you can probably guess and they were happy happy happy…
(the only extras I needed were wheat buns, gfree buns for my food allergy girl and a bag of french fries…I get the simple ones that are basically minimally processed…also corn syrup free)
- Mock In-N-Out Burgers
- French Fries
- Small side salads made with same lettuce and tomatoes (gotta get them to eat some extra green stuff where I can)
If you would like to try Ketchup recipe and have time to make it (it’s pretty simple actually):
- 1 can organic tomato sauce (no salt or sugar)
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS of coconut sugar (or pure maple sugar)
- Heat up everything together in a saucepan over medium…bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Keep stirring!
- Place into a container and chill it (make it 2 hours beforehand or the day before)
So there you have it…I’ll have my In-N-Out Burger Salad that’s healthier than “animal style” but bringing the in-n-out feel to my east coast home.